<!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d16736154\x26blogName\x3dProTheism\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://protheism.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://protheism.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-1682490860032791127', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
7 comments | Wednesday, September 06, 2006

When I started my blogger account I thought it was going to be a breeze. Just fill in a small form and in seconds you have your own blog. However, one question on the form stumped me: on the Display Name: it stated, “Required: The name used to sign your blog posts.” To my horror, it occurred to me that I wasn’t sure if I wanted to use my real name. There isn’t any specific reason why I cannot per se; but I have a somewhat uninteresting name. I decided that I was going to use a pseudo name. However, making a decision was difficult. Pseudonyms can have various meanings, interpretations and connotations. I had not given it enough thought. Like an impulsive superhero using a bead spread for a cape, in the heat of the moment, I chose the moniker “Brain Fry.” To my demise though, some people took too much poetic license with it. Rather than focus on what I was stating, they focused on my moniker. In addition, I noticed that, due to our natural human condition of ‘typing lethargy’; Brain Fry was frequently gutted down to ‘BF.’ Thus, I just chopped it down to its applied acronym.

However, apparently “BF” can be an acronym for several different connotations (I will let you use your imagination). Some have chosen to make the inference known. Moreover, I have grown bored with my current moniker. I was considering unmasking your phantom blogger, but I thought I might give one more try. I came up with Beowulf.

There is nothing particularly special about the name; nothing that has some story behind it to link to me. Even the epic poem doesn’t have special ring to it other than some Christian connotations. In short, I just chose it; I don’t know why and I reserve the right to change it again. Nevertheless, it’s changed.

As everyone is aware, ‘typing lethargy’ demands condensing of the name. Thus, if you wish, you can refer to me as “wulf”, not to be mistaken as wolf!

File your complaints accordingly

~Wulf

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger The Intolerant One said...

BF = Brother Forever

You'll always be BF to me. :)

I relate to the "moniker" thing myself and went thru the same dilemas when deciding on whether I should use my name or an alias.

Two areas cemented my decision. First, I knew that alot of my topics would be controversal and "against the grain" of the mainstream.

I also knew those views would brand me intolerant! So I thought, "why not just beat them too the punch."

Secondly, I am a sucker for vigilante superheroes. ;)

9/12/2006 5:14 PM

 
Blogger Beowulf said...

That’s cool brutha. Even though your much more tolerant than I am.

9/12/2006 8:54 PM

 
Blogger KA said...

Beowulf, hmmmm? Intriguing.
Who or what then, is your Grendel? Or Grendel's mother?
Just curious.

9/16/2006 3:40 PM

 
Blogger Beowulf said...

“Beowulf, hmmmm? Intriguing.
Who or what then, is your Grendel? Or Grendel's mother?
Just curious.”


Hmmm, Intriguing. Did you read the post? I did say “Even the epic poem doesn’t have special ring to it other than some Christian connotations.” So I’m not trying so slay or hunt down anything.

However, curiosity killed the cat, as they say.

9/16/2006 6:21 PM

 
Blogger KA said...

BF:
Did you read the post?
Of course I did.
So I’m not trying so slay or hunt down anything.
If you say so.
However, curiosity killed the cat, as they say.
Hmmm....

9/17/2006 12:33 PM

 
Blogger Beowulf said...

“Hmmm....”

Relax, it was a joke.

9/17/2006 12:49 PM

 
Anonymous karen said...

No particular reason, eh?
So sometimes a cigar IS just a cigar?

Well, glad you explained it.
Nice that you found another nick that started with B and ended in F.

As for BF, a crass connotation for the abbreviation just occured to me while reading your post.(!) I had never applied that to you. I have used bf as an abbreviation for boyfriend, but again not in reference to you.

Carry on then, wulf. You have my blessings. I know that makes your day complete. ;)

karen

10/06/2006 11:47 AM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home